Wire wheel rearend

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Wire wheel rearend
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 10:11:34 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank,
I was talking to you and Peter about converting to wire wheels on my Bug while
at Sprite Spree. Coincidently, I was able to pick up the correct rearend less
diff and hubs at the last week at the Dixon car show.  I have several diffs in
the garage I can use. I paid to much but problem solved.

 One solved, one to work on. I've been replacing the right outer sill for 2
days now. 30 minutes to cut off the old sill and 8 hours fitting the new one.
I'm still not happy with the fit. It fits well at the rear of the B post but at
the forward edge of the B post the sill sits to far in, not even with the post.
   Well, back to the garage to stare at it for another couple of hours. If I'm
lucky I'll stike an arc today.

Larry Pitts