RE: Sprite Spree International Thanks

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sprite Spree International Thanks
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 06:53:19 +1000
Man, Frank thanking us?

Let me tell you Frank is a wonderful host - generous, helpful
and a "good mate".

Frank collected us and dropped us off at Newark airport.
Russell and I stayed at his house before Sprite Spree,
travelled to and from Hershey in Frank's cars, had use
of his red Midget and Pieces for the week, and even had
dinner at his place before flying out from Newark!

We used the Red Midget in the driving test and in the Rally.
We used Pieces in the Autocross (we were worried about 2nd
gear in the Midget), and throughout the whole trip, nothing
was too much trouble for Frank.

We owe Frank a very public and very hearty thanks for his
generousity - he made Sprite Spree so much more memorable
for Russell and I. I'd also like to thank Diane for her
hospitality too. The trip out (very) east was marvellous -
thank you!

While I'm at it, I also have to thank Roger Kotting for
a drive in his lovely bugeye in the driving test. It has
all the "good stuff" and is a really nice car to drive.
Chuck Christ also allowed me to have a drive in his bugeye.
I drove it around the backroads near the Holiday Inn. It
too is a nicely setup car with a posi-trak rear-end amongst
other things. We enjoyed that little drive very much too.
I'd also like to thank Jonathan for a chance to drive
his racecar -- shame I didn't really fit in the car!!!

Finally, I'd like to say I had a great time at Sprite Spree
and congratulations to Rick, Cindy, Frank, Allan, and all
the others that made the event happen. If you didn't make
it to SS '03, then you missed out on a great time. Plan to
be there in '08 and make it *huge*!

It was really good to finally meet so many of the listers
that I have either spoken to or listened to over the years.
I have been somewhat quiet the last couple of years, but that
doesn't mean I have forgotten you all! Now that I have met
you in person, I'll be hauntred forever!!!! :-) ;-)

What else? Well, if you couldn't make SS '03 for some reason,
maybe you should drop a line to Rick and tell him why.

My personal thoughts are that he'd be best running the event
over the weekend - say Fri thru Tues, with all day on Sat
dedicated to a Carlisle outing. That way you don't need to take
a whole week's vacation to attend and yet it means that the
folks for whom Carlisle is important can still combine events.
I realize that for those with stalls at Carlisle the daytime
events will clash, but there are still the breakfasts and dinners.

Attendees will also have the choice of Fri-Sun (one day vacation)
or Sat-Tues (2 days vacation) if they can't afford to be away
that long.

If we held a welcome banquet and a farewell banquet then both
options are well catered for.

Anyhow, that is just one idea -- I'm sure there are other
possibilities - we could use the existing Sprite Spree mailing
list to bounce them around. We could also organise ourselves
in advance so that Rick doesn't need to do everything (this
means tell Rick "go away - it is under control - leave it to us")

I'll be back in '08 and I am happy to help with the event in
any way I can. Let's give the Sprite's 50th birthday the
party it deserves!

Mike