Re: Muffler clamp

To: Bill Hunt <Billh@aaai.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Muffler clamp
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 12:02:02 -0700 (PDT)
Bill,
I used a large screw type hose clamp (stainless steel of course) to clamp on to
a C shaped bracket I made from a piece of steel strap which is bolted on the
car with the original muffler hanger bolt.  BTW, the muffler I am using is a 21
inch long full chrome, balogney cut end muffler from an old Harley Davidson.
Sounds good too!!!!!
Sounds an pictures soon.  I promise.
Lon

Bill Hunt <Billh@aaai.com> wrote:
My attempts at clamping the muffler on my 62 have not proven successful.
Any great ideas out there for attaching the muffler better. All other
exhaust clamps and attachments are functional. The welded tab on the
muffler has long since gone away.

I'm thinking of making a full circle clamp out of some 1/16 x 1" strip.
I don't want to attempt welding on the muffler. My MIG skills are not
that good.

Herby

/// Send your messages to spridgets@autox.team.net
/// http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool