Re: '69 Dashboard

To: "Spridget List \(E-mail\)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '69 Dashboard
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:12:15 -0500
Jim,
Sounds like the 72 dash I saw at Carlisle. My 72 does not have the dimmer,
so it must be late 72 / early 73. I agree with the other bloke about the
switch being better than the dimmer. At least they don't call it a lamp
brightener.
Sort of like the old Turbo button on the PC which allowed one to make it run
slower. (Yes, I know that it was originally for compatibility with older
software which timed things with the system clock at 4.77MHz, but that
argument disappeared with the machines whose non-turbo speed was anything
higher than 4.77MHz.) In my experience, it gets hit by users trying to find
the power button on their PC under their desk who then complain about their
PC being slow.
I have a lovely chirp under the dash of my 72 at certain speeds. I would
like to eliminate it, but not at the cost of the amount of skin I would
probably lose in the process.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget with wires
1973 RWA Midget Project
1974 RWA Midget retired warrior
1974 RWA Midget parts car
1970 SWA Midget buncha parts flying in close formation
2002 GTI VR6 for no apparent reason