Re: [midgetsprite] Re: clean, but dead

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: clean, but dead
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:45:18 -0400
Robert,

Success!  I think...

I  set the key in the ON position, took a piece of heavy wire and jumped the
solenoid.  The starter motor ran - it would have started the car if I held
the connection long enough (someday I will get a more efficient starter).
SO, it seems my solenoid is shot.  I will
attempt to get it out of the car and open it up.

In the meantime, it appears that the solenoid is the same as used on the
late-model Spitfire, and Moss Motors has it listed as part # 131-505, for 18
bucks...but it is unclear if they have got it or not.
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=33035
As I live 10 minutes from their NJ facility I will have to call them in the
AM tomorrow and se if they've got the thing.  I may make it to the "A Touch
of England" show after all - if it doesn't rain!

Thanks,
Steve