Re: [midgetsprite] Re: clean, but dead

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: clean, but dead
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:27:53 -0400
Here is where I am at with my power-washed, non-starting '78 Midget...

- I believe that I did not get anything beyond the firewall wet.
- I opened the dist and found it to be clean and dry.
- The battery is secure and the conections are clean
- I cleaned every connection on the solenoid and the coil, and some misc
in-line fuses.
- I used a test light and determined that there is 12 volts getting as far
as the IN side of the solenoid (heavy brown cable from the battery) but,
while my son held the key in the "start" position, I found there is no
voltage on the OUT side of the solenoid (heavy black cable going to the
starter motor).

Is my solenoid shot?  Can it be opened up and dried out, or is it just
toasted, or, is there an element I am missing?  And, where can I buy one?
Moss motors doesn't seem to have one for the 1500 Midget.
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29336#41

Thanks for your help and suggestions so far!

Steve