Re: dwell tach, tach, measured speed.

To: pythias@pacifier.com
Subject: Re: dwell tach, tach, measured speed.
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:57:48 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill,

John Deikis runs a stock tach in his racecar and told me that he recently found
it wildly inaccurate.  Even though you may have calibrated it at a certain
engine speed (I would suggest at least 3000 rpm) it may be inaccurate at other
speeds.

What tire diameter are you using in your equation?  That would affect the
calculations greatly, although perhaps not as much as you are finding.

David Littlefield

--- Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com> wrote:

Hello spridgets,

                i have been doing "calculations" and real
                "time-distance studies"... my tach is calibrated to
                the dwell tach... i show that (according to listers
                and computer programs) that i should be turning about
                3900 rpm at 60 with a 4.22 rear end, whereas i am
                turning about 4400.... which, as it turns out, is what
                i would be going if i had a -----4.71----- rear end!

                my question is ... did they make such a thing?

                they calcs also seem to match the "studies" at 70 mph
                as well.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com