Re: release bearing

To: "Alex Volk" <talla@TELUSPLANET.NET>, "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: release bearing
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:05:58 -0400
Alex

A throw out bearing from a 1275 will not fit a 1098 fork, the male portion
of the bearing is slightly larger and will not into the machine grooves of
the 1098 fork.
The 1275 throw out bearing is relatively; flat, where as the 1098 throw out
bearing sits higher, when placed side by side.
The cast number on the 1275 bearing is 44733
the cast on the 1098 bearing is 0293.

To fit the 1275 clutch on your 1098 trans you will have to go with the 1275
pressure plate, clutch disc, throw out bearing, and 1275 clutch fork.

The only thing I'm not sure of is, whether you have to change the slave
cylinders, maybe one of the other listers may know.

Greg Higgins