drum brake spindle bearing ?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: drum brake spindle bearing ?
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:21:38 -0500
For the last couple months I've been going through the suspension and brakes
on my 62 drum brake midget.  When removing the left side front hub the inner
wheel bearing and grease seal stayed on the spindle.  The bearings are not
the originals, but are the funky new style that the previous owner had
installed.  It was stuck on enough that I used the hub puller to loosen it
from the spindle.  Also it appears from the coloration of the outer race
that the bearing had been slipping some.  The spindle looks fine, but should
I be concerned enough by this to have the spindle magnafluxed for cracks?
Anyone else experienced this problem with newer bearings.

Thanks,

Matt Endicott
62 Midget Gan1L 15988