Re: Call for MC part, i.e. new piston.

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Call for MC part, i.e. new piston.
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:10:36 -0500
While we are on this topic, last year I needed an MC rebuilt for my 72. I
found rebuilt exchanges on Advance's website for around $40, so I figured I
would do it. After much delay and many messages back and forth, Advance
finally told me that they could not do it. Ditto elsewhere.
My friendly neighborhood NAPA store assured me that they could send out my
MC and have it rebuilt and sent back. I asked them repeatedly if there was
any chance that it would not happen and was assured that it was no problem.
Sure enough, a couple of weeks later I got a call from NAPA to tell me that
I could come and pick up my MC and pay $18 for the shipping, but their
rebuilder couldn't find parts for it. Thanks NAPA!!!
So, who out there does a decent job of rebuilding these affordably? I am
most interested in having it work reliably when it comes back. I am sure it
is a bit depressing when your brakes do not work in the middle of an autox,
but I would rather not find out just HOW depressing ;-)
David Lieb
72 Blue