Differential / Axle HELP

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Differential / Axle HELP
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:19:52 EDT
The concensus is that my problem is a broken axle.  Sooooo....I can purchase
a used axle....or get a new one from one of our favorite vendors....I am sure
there will be  considerable price difference....is this a common problem...do
increase the chance of it happening again by getting a used axle...is there an
axle out there that it just never happens to????  This time I was only about
15 mi from home...I'd hate to get stuck again even further.....QUESTION...I
can pull the axle....I assume the part of it which is broken in the
differential
has to be taken out by removing the differential..or is there a trick I don't
know...and my neighbors already think I'm crazy so...I will not put it on its
side and shake vigorously..
Thank you
Jerry Goodman
'59 BE