Re: Differential / Axle HELP

To: GMGoodman@aol.com
Subject: Re: Differential / Axle HELP
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:50:31 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Gerry....

Consensus has nothing to do with it...
it is what it is, whatever it is, consensus
notwithstanding. But you gotta start
somewhere so why not an axle.

If it's the "inner" axle, there is most likely
metal in there anyway and the "stub" has
to come out in any event. Might as well
so it right and clean everything out properly. I am told these are wont
break at the hub but...

I've never had an axle break in a Spridget
yet in the many years I've owned various
ones, even my '74 with it's 90HP plus at the rear wheels Vizardized
1380. While I
try to be smooth in transferring power, dumb luck is just as likely
responsible, though.

This having been said, one will probably
break tomorrow in "no load" 40mph cruise! And it won't be at the hub, it
will
be at the differential end, of course!

But in my case, this would be an opportunity to install a 3.55 C&P! :)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)