Cutting out

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cutting out
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:13:50 -0700
My Sprite developed a problem the other day coming home from work. It
started cutting out then would just die like it was running out of gas
(it wasn't). I was able to nurse it home but haven't been able to
discover the problem yet. I was able to get home because it is
intermittent. It will go along just fine for awhile then start cutting
out and sometimes just die.

At first I thought the fuel pump (electric, not facet, walbro?) died or
was dying but it appears to be pumping fuel okay. It gets spark to the
plugs and the points. I haven't checked the carb float yet (weber dcoe).
I noticed a little bit of c**p in the fuel filter before the carb.
Haven't cleaned it out yet.

Any ideas on things to check?

Herby

64 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)

62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)

billh@aaai.com

www.herbytoys.com <http://www.herbytoys.com/>