Update - Easy Off! but with care...

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update - Easy Off! but with care...
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:22:54 -0700
That Easy Off sure does work...but please be more careful than I was!

I grabbed a SPRAY/FOAM can of EasyOff and lay out a piece of heavy duty
Aluminum Foil to put under my test piece.

Put the piece on the foil. spray liberally... it foams up nicely (marketing)

Then
the phone ring, its my brother...we talk about half an hour ...

I finally get back to the piece ....   perhaps 45mins

My first clue that something was awry was when I noticed that the aluminum
foil (Heavy Duty, mind you) was largely DISSOLVED!  I grabbed the piece to
rinse it and find that it is DEEPLY ETCHED in the beautiful pattern of the
foam spray. Yikes!
I try applying more and scrubbing it off with 3m pad, but we are talking
DEEP!
Finally I had to sand ....    A LOT.....
going all the way down to 120 grit to get rid of the etching!

so, Here is the way to do it right.

The second item was the twin of the first and took 1/10 the time...

Do not read instructions!
Spray EasyOff
Wait 2 minutes
Scrub with 3m pad
rinse
repeat

Do NOT GET THIS STUFF ON YOUR SKIN OR IN YOUR EYES!   Ouch!