curley cord works, now turn signal buzzer

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: curley cord works, now turn signal buzzer
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 08:31:42 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the suggestions on curley cord (really
called curled cord, self retracting.)

Got the curly cord. Found a generic cel phone
cigarette lighter cord for less than a dollar. Wire is
substantial and I hooked it to a switch mounted on the
steering wheel "adapter" and it works fine. beep,
beep.

Now on to another nuisance removal project. My
adaptation of a dash mounted switch for turn
indicators is of course non self-canceling (all
original equiptment indicator/horn/etc. switches were
rendered POS's by DPO). I hooked in some radio shack
dash lamps so I have turning/flashing indicators.
Unfortunately the lamps are obscured by the steering
wheel from the drivers angle. Something I will fix
when I build the aluminum dash. But for now I am
trying to hook a buzzer into the circuit to buzz in
time with the flasher(says: hey old man!! you left
your turn signal on:-)). I hate that. I got a 12 volt
dc buzzer with a 15mA max at 12 volt dc current
consumption. I have tried several different wiring up
combinations at the flasher. When I hook it up hot to
ground it buzzes nicely, full time, but when I hook it
up from the cold side to ground it does'nt. I have
tried it hooked up in series with the hot side (and
the cold side) of the flasher. No buzz when turn
signals are flashing.  Any suggestions. Is it that the
buzzer takes more current than the "after flasher"
lead provides? Would another buzzer with different
specs be more appropriate?

TIA bill b. '69 Sprite