Re: curley cord works, now turn signal buzzer

To: "bill b." <w_burrell@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: curley cord works, now turn signal buzzer
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 08:53:17 -0700
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Bill,

I happened to come across this on the Moss web site last week.

http://www.mossmotors.com/MemberServices/TechTips/TechTipsArticle.aspx?TechTipID=9&ModelID=50000&SubcompCode=P000

Technical Tips & Assistance

AH Sprite/MG Midget
<< Tech Tips   << Categories   << Articles

Audible Directional Flasher
Frank Lindauer
Atlanta, GA
Here's a tech tip for those of us whose hearing is not what it used
to be when we were younger, or those of us who are younger and just
can't hear the directional flasher or see the flasher indicator
light, especially with a top down in daylight. Since the time delay,
even when set at max, does not give a long flashing interval, it is
useful to know when it has stopped, in order to make turning
intentions more obvious.
I purchased a Radio Shack catalog 12-volt mini buzzer (no. 273-055),
for just under $3.00. Just mount it anywhere it is convenient under
the dash and on the driver's side. This is most easily done with
double-backed foam mounting tape (3-M). Then run the black wire
through the firewall and connect it to the center flasher terminal.
Ground the red wire under the dash. This buzzer emits a sound that is
not the most pleasant, so take one turn of black vinyl electrical
tape around it to cover the sound louvers and mute the buzz.

Gerard