Re: Pittsburgh Vintage GP

To: "Dave Carpenter" <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>, "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: Re: Pittsburgh Vintage GP
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 23:37:32 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Dave,

You will probably remember me from asking about the Ft Pitt tunnel etc.
That was a real mess but got me there in about the same time.

You are right about the PVGP . . . it is the greatest week and weekend of
British and vintage cars in general.  I have not missed one since finding
out about it in 1985.  I look forward to it all year.  I hope that I do not
jinx it but, unlike Carlisle (which I will not go back to for a long time .
. . ebay is better . . . ) the weather is almost always beautiful with nary
a cloud in the sky.  Everybody should go to the PVGP.  It is so hard to
believe that they have not found a way to make more money for the charities
by charging admittance.  I guess that it would be hard to do as it is so
BIG!

I got to see your Sprite but didn't get to meet up with you.  It looks most
excellent.  Nice job.

I remember seeing a replica blue C-type jag was that the same one that you
saw?

I have to disagree with the blue mini being a threat to Tivvy's white jag.
Tivvy takes no prisoners!  Tivvy is one of those drivers that they could
purposely put him in the back of the pack and he would still win in a three
lap race.

It was also nice to see the Bugeye there racing for the first time.  Usually
it is all Turners and a Sprite powered Seven or two with the occasional
Sprite-powered Formula Junior thrown in for good measure.

Next year, I hope to have my '62 Sprite done and in the show as well as my
'62 Super Seven.

Mike Carpenter