FW: Pittsburgh Vintage GP

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Pittsburgh Vintage GP
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:57:57 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From Bud Osbourne [mailto:abcoz at hky.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 2:19 PM
To: Allen Kramer; Dave Carpenter; spridgets
Subject: RE: Pittsburgh Vintage GP

Oops.  Sorry I misunderstood your question.
At any rate, it is a great event, with plenty for all to do.  It's gotten to
be an annual pilgrimage for my son and me, as well as for a bunch of other
TR and MG guys from our area.  Wife attends when she can and has fun, too.
This year will be the last one until at least '05, so, I encourage everyone
to attend.  Chances are, if you live east of the Mississippi and north of
the gulf of Mexico, you know someone who attends regularly.  We also see
more than a few from well west of the "Big Muddy".  Rooms in Indiana (PA)
have been sold-out for the last couple of months, but, you can still find
rooms in neighboring towns, I think.  This year, my son and I are camping on
The Roadster Factory grounds, which is a very popular way to do it.

I think that a popular mis-conception (about Summer Party) has been that,
since TRF sells Triumph and MGB parts, only, that other British cars are not
encouraged to attend.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  In fact,
they welcome any and all British cars, with equal hospitality shown to all.

Midget guys should also be made aware that The Roadster Factory (TRF's
subsidiary Magic Carpet Factory, actually) makes and sells some excellent
carpet kits, which duplicate (as close as humanly possible) the original
carpets.  They used my 31K original mile '73 Midget's original carpets as a
pattern and took great pains to get it right.  We need to keep lobbying
Charles Runyan (TRF's owner and CEO) to expand into Spridget parts.  Charles
has told me that, when they are ready to take on another "line", it'll be
the Sprite/Spridget.

Hope to see more Sprites and Midgets there, this year!

Bud Osbourne