Re: Which way does the coolant flow?

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Which way does the coolant flow?
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:34:21 -0700
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Downflow" is referring to the orientation of the tubes in the radiator.  On the
early radiators the tubes that carry the water run vertical in two offset rows.
The later rad has the cooling tubes running horizontal in the core.  In either
case the water comes out of the head through the thermostat housing and
thermostat and into the top of the radiator.   I guess you could say it
eventually flows down to the lower radiator hose.
Mike MacLean- 60 Sprite