RE: Oil Cooler installation - A series

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Cooler installation - A series
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:20:10 -0400 6.0.1|February 07, 2003) at 07/30/2003 08:24:12 AM
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Crash and List
The difference in pressure drop between 1/2 and 3/8 at the flow rates
involved should be insignificant.
The pressure drop will be higher in the following places

oil filter tap port where the ID is < 3/8 at it's smallest point
Banjo fitting where the annular area is small
Banjo bolt cross drilled holed are small

I'm running a 3/8 high efficiency power steering oil cooler from a Jeep
Liberty (my company makes the p/s lines) mounted in front of radiator

no change in indicated pressure from before installation
In fact my oil pressure is 5-10 psi higher on extended highway trips
Tommy