RE: Cool car... sorta LBC

To: "Tom Speed" <tspeed@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Cool car... sorta LBC
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:33:08 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Tom,

I know about the A-series Datsuns as I completely rebuilt an A14 last
year and have installed a couple in Morris Minors. (see the Morris
Minor Traveller link on my main page)

http://www.gerardsgarage.com/FS_Garage.htm

The similarities are apparent, but the aluminum head and 5 main
bearings are major improvements of course. I have not seen one in
person, but according to Mike, the E-series is the A-series
predecessor and is nearly an exact copy. This guy was a professional
mechanic all his life and has specialized in Datsuns for quite some
time. Nissan invited him to showcase some of his car at The Blackhawk
Museum here when they did a special promotion last year at the
museum. I tend to believe what he is telling me.

A quote from the Datsun Bluebird page

"It continued to use the 210s Austin derived engine, the 1189cc 48hp
OHV 4cyl. E series engine."

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/3823/blue1.html

BTW, My name is GeraRd not GeraLd.

Regards,