Re: Midget light switch removal-pix...

To: "William West" <livinginthepast3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Midget light switch removal-pix...
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 00:32:30 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
...attached

Will,

This is a tricky job and hard to describe. If you see the whole
business out of the dash, it's a little easier to comprehend. If you
have the one I think, the switch is held in the bezel with 2 little
expanded plastic clips (1 each top an bottom). If you can get your
fingers on each side of the switch and squeeze them together and push
it through the bezel. If you cant get a grip, a small screwdriver
will sometime do the trick. The bezel is held in by 4 similar molded
clips and a metal wire spring clip that is a bit harder to maneuver
in the cramped space.

I'll send you a couple pix in a separate email. These are destined
for my Texh tips section when I get around to it.

Gerard

At 3:33 AM +0000 8/5/03, William West wrote:
>Okay. Ha ha ha ha. The joke was really cute.
>
>But just how do you remove the clip that secures the headlight
>switch??? Is there a trick or do you have to tear the dash apart?
>
>Mine is a 71 midget, and I've got a brand new headlight switch just
>waiting to be installed. After an hour of sweating and contorting to
>all sorts of monkey shapes, I thought I should probably ask.
>
>=)
>
>Will

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/mac-binhex40 which
had a name of Heater_Switch_02_04_02.jpg]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/mac-binhex40 which
had a name of Heater_Switch_under_dash_02_04_]