re: tailgaters

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: tailgaters
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:02:52 -0400
per Justin...
>>One more thing please oh please would the DOT pullease make passing on the
>inside ( or undertaking as our friends across the pond would call it )
>illegal, at the same time make hogging the outside lane also illegal. Not
>likely though as all cops do is enforce the easy ones

  If you mean "passing on the right" (in the U.S.) and "cruising in the passing
lane" (far left lane), we've had both these laws in NC for many years.  They're
just not enforced!
  Saw a recent show about the German autobahn which mentioned both of these
laws and said they are enforced there and do seem to help safety.
  Ed in NC