Re: tailgaters*

To: conan@intrex.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tailgaters*
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 05:36:03 EDT
In a message dated 8/7/03 7:13:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time, conan@intrex.net
writes:

> "cruising in the passing lane" (far left lane

I have never seen a highway with a lane designated the passing lane.  Only
2-lane, 4-lane, 6-lane, etc., except there ARE truck passing lanes going up
hills.  It doesn't seem to matter how fast you go in the left-hand lane, nor
the
fact that you are traveling faster than the traffic in the right hand lane,
there is always some goon on your bumper wanting to go faster yet.  Ain't
saying
I "cruise" in the left hand lane, but when there is a line of traffic I am
traveling faster than, I get over there to move past them.  But there will
always
be that happy Harry back there pulling up on my bumper wanting to double the
speed limit--usually talking on their cell phone in thier SUV, or incredibly,
their mini-van (the tailgaters previously referred to).

--David C.