Tach Conversion - Update (kinda long)

To: "bugeye@yahoogroups.com" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, Spridget Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tach Conversion - Update (kinda long)
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 14:14:04 -0700
Just want to report on status of my positive to negative tach
conversion. Works great now!

Thanks to Frank, Don, Paul and others who offered info & suggestions on
how to complete the pos to neg conversion. Their detailed descriptions
and suggested websites really helped me understand what I was (supposed)
seeing inside the tach - didn't use the info the way planned, but it was
essential!! LOL.

Everyone always pointed to the GREEN wire I was supposed to switch with
another. The pics on one of the websites showed me the blasted green
wire. I was pulling my hair out - I couldn't find the f***ing green
wire! I am colored blind to some greens & reds so I had my wife look -
no green wire! I gave up for a week or 2, other things on the bugeye to
work on. Then I thought of looking again inside the smaller MGB negative
tach I have - everything matched, all the wires, diodes, etc.

HMMMM, could the  DPO have already have converted the positve tach to a
negative by putting newer innards in the older tach case? AND NOT BOTHER
TO MARK THE CHANGE? If that was the case then when I switched the 2
white wires I was wiring it wrong. SOOO, I put the tach back in switch
the white wires to their original order, and started the car. The tach
worked PERFECTLY!

Thanks again to everyone. I didn't convert the tach as planned, but
without your help in understanding what I was supposed to see inside a
postive tach, I could never have figured it out. LMAOROTF!

OH, I put a sticker on outside of tach case stating the it was converted
to negative ground.

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA