Re: darn aluminum

To: "John Gottstein" <john@ssrimusic.com>
Subject: Re: darn aluminum
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:16:59 -0700
Cc: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
John,

Without seeing it it's impossible to say whether you have a real
problem here or not.

If you do need to bring it down, your best bet is to remove the
aluminum part from the block and pull out the threaded spin-on
adapter. You want to "lap" the entire surface by placing some fine
sandpaper (220-320) and a flat (preferably steel) surface and rub the
entire adapter face on the sandpaper. Check periodically to make sure
you are taking it down with even pressure all around.

Gerard