darn aluminum

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: darn aluminum
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:45:39 -0400
Hi,

Well, the new 1500 engine is coming out pretty well but I've run into another
hopefully small problem that I need some opinions on.  I accidentally put some
gouges in the soft metal (aluminum?) on the face of the part that the oil
filter spins onto (where the rubber seal sits).  Is there any way to easily
grind down the circular flat area so that I don't get oil spurting from the
side of my oil filter?  The gouges aren't too deep, but can't just be filed
down, I presume.

Thanks,

John