Texas British Humor...NO LBC..except for the 1934 Bently

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Texas British Humor...NO LBC..except for the 1934 Bently
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:17:42 EDT
       President Bush arrives at Heathrow Airport on a state visit.  A
       300-foot long red carpet stretches out to Air Force One and Mr. Bush
       strides to a warm but dignified hand shake from Queen Elizabeth II.
       They ride in a silver 1934 Bentley limousine to the edge of central
       London where they then board an open 17th century coach pulled by
       six magnificent white matching horses.  They ride toward Buckingham
       Palace, each looking sideways and waving to the thousands of
       cheering Britons.
       So far everything is going well.
       Suddenly the right rear horse lets fly with the most horrendous,
       earth-rending, eye-smarting blast of flatulence ever heard in the
       British Empire and so powerful that it shakes the coach.
       Uncomfortable, but under control, the two Dignitaries of State do
       their best to ignore the incident.  But, embarrassed, the Queen
       decides it's impossible to ignore it.  "Mr. President, please accept
       my regrets.  I'm sure you understand that there are some things not
       even a Queen can control."
       Ever the Texas gentleman, the President replies, "Your Majesty,
       please don't give the matter another thought.  You know, if you
       hadn't said something, I would have thought it was one of the
       horses."

Robert Houston

There is no better tonic for the heart than making a child smile.