Re: Stromberg leak

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stromberg leak
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:10:04 -0700 (MST)
It's probably not the plug then.  Check that the float is adjusted properly
and/or doesn't have a leak causing it to sink.  Also check the valve.  If those
all seem okay, check to make sure the face of the choke assembly isn't warped
from the three screws being overtightened at some point.  Then, go back and
check the float again.

I went through all this a few months ago on one of my cars.  I ended up having
to file flat the choke where it had warped pretty good and fix a float problem.
 The gas always seemed to come from the plug, even though it wasn't the problem.

 - Kendel