Re: Stromberg leak

To: <Smsbarnett@cs.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stromberg leak
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:09:56 -0400
use an epoxy similar to marine tex epoxy.  it's available at boat shops and
request the dark gray stuff.  they make 2 colors of it.  the stuff can be
drilled and tapped  or used to repair cracked engine blocks.  withstands
high heat!  we used the stuf fto fix a hole in a race car's block where a
rod hit the block and punched out about a 1" square hole.   the  engine
survived the next weekend and final failure was not the epoxy!  it was a
broken lifter breaking the cam and dropping the cam piece dropping into the
rods/ crank that finished it off permanently.

chuck.