Engine install, driveshaft.....

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine install, driveshaft.....
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:57:41 -0400 jwimkrs1.na.jci.com/NA/Johnson_Controls(Release 6.0.2CF1|June 9, 2003) at 08/25/2003 06:57:44 PM
Hello all:

Encountered some difficulties this past weekend while installing a 1275 in
my car.(Sprite MKII)  Do I need to attach the driveshaft to the rear of the
trans while it is still somewhat not in place or can I put it in while the
engine and trans are bolted in...

It seems that its pretty difficult while the engine is in place.  My race
car has a little port cut out of the tunnel to access this area so it isn't
an issue

As well, I am putting a BMC LCB header on it, and it seems that I had to
place the header in the little hole on the left side of the engine where it
goes through the "floor"  of the engine compartment.  Other than cutting
this access port where the exhaust down pipe usually goes through, any
hints??  Or am I goin to have to pull the engine.

It doesn't seem to like the steering shaft either....damn left drive
cars...

Thanks

Brock