Re: 30 over displacement in cc

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 30 over displacement in cc
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:12:59 -0700 (PDT)
I answered Kevin directly (BTW, .040 over is 1312,
Pilot).  I should have posted the math to the list.
Head chambers, etc., affect compression ratio, but the
displacement is simply how much air (volume) the
pistons displace.  So it's the area of the piston
times the stroke -

(pi*piston_diameter^2)/4 * stroke * 4

Compression ratio (forward this to you-know-who,
Flounder) is the ratio of the total volume of the
cylinder and combustion chamber (including head gasket
volume, which a good head gasket will have marked on
it) with the piston at BDC to the piston at TDC.

'hopper