Help - Blady W98 - no LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Help - Blady W98 - no LBC
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:03:15 EDT
Hi list,

Bearing in mind that I have absolutely NO MONEY but have a brain and access
to a public library with computer books I need some help.

This PC and W98 crashes more than I think it should and sometimes fails to
boot.  Almost without exception the same 2 faults appear:

       Fails to boot up properly and a message:  failed to initialise
CONFIGMG please re-start the PC/whatever.

Of course it fails to re-start easily and things go worse.  How can I find
out what CONFIGMG is and why it is failing to initialise?  In W98 are there
still Win.ini and Sys.ini files that I can read in notepad or something?

When the PC runs from time to time it will hang and apart from hanging in the
application which will either be the DVD player or AOL I do a
Control-Alt-Delete to find out what has stopped.  It will nearly always be:
MSGSRV32 - not
responding and after I close it just about everything else stops as well and it
is a bear (american phrase??) to just get it to shut down properly.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Daniel1312 (does this make me 0.40" over?)