A-series Turbo update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h7RKMGVI019485
Subject: A-series Turbo update
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:19:20 EDT
Hi list,

Just a short update to my A-series Turbo project for the wife's Morris
Traveller I haven't bought yet.

The engine which is Ital A+ inline has been sitting in the garage for a while
with a Metro Turbo hung on it.  For some time I have known that it is
possible to fit the Montego Turbo Plenum chamber as a straight swap for the
Metro
Turbo plenum.  The advantage is that the Montego is designed for use with an
intercooler and thus saves an awful lot of cutting, welding and general
fabrication to convert the Metro Plenum for use with an intercooler.

As I explained to my wife without advising her that this will make 'her' car
even faster (assuming the boost is turned up) I was commited to buying the
plenum BEFORE I discovered we have absolutely NO MONEY.  It was also a good buy
because I paid #5 for it rather than the #27 e-bay prices.

Also, as suspected because both plenum's are in 2 parts the main part of the
casting is the same and it is just the connecting section that is different.
The part number of the now rare Montego part is WFM 1271 (maybe Peter C will
find a box full and make a fortune?).  The surprise though is that the Montego
section is so much BIGGER with a bore size of 2.125" compared to 1.5" of the
Metro.

All I need now, apart for a car, and the Ital input shaft to hang the Spit
o/d box on the back is a suitably large intercooler and some piping.

Daniel1312