Re:NLBC-Painting a car in the garage Aug 2003 20:18:24 -0400

To: spritenut@Exit109.com (Frank Clarici)
Subject: Re:NLBC-Painting a car in the garage Aug 2003 20:18:24 -0400
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:20:54 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: toyman@digitex.net (Brad Fornal), spridgets@autox.team.net
"Not if you remember them"

"Pot Mask":
LOL, Frank! I can just see Brad's brother
staggering around in a daze for hours, looking for anything chocolate!

Hey..."responsible use" allows you to remember everything!! I'm talking
packing
the last not even 1/2" or so of a cigarette
and having a "taste" along with a brew or two on one's days off. Hell, a
half-ounce
would last me almost a year! Looking for
an "edge"...not gettin' "blasted".

That's all I ever needed and In my biz,
it would only be done on your first and/or
second day off, never during the 24 hrs.
before heading back. One must know his
limitations and in any event, "be master of his domain"!

Of course, once they changed the laws
along with random checks, that was it...end of story on grass. Stuff
"builds"
in your system over time with continuous
use...even very light use. A puff or two once a month is something else.

And for those who could not make this change...they're either not flying
or
flying "out of country". I know of one such guy who used to fly for
USAir now flying for Saudia and another x-pilot selling real
estate for his wife's Dad's firm. I mean, they catch you and you're
done..no 2nd
chance. Corporate flying is the same way.

You got a problem and turn yourself in,
they'll give you one shot and work with you...otherwise, you're done.

I mean the stuff "builds" in your system
over time. You do this stuff continuously
(even lightly and "responsibly within your
personal limitations") and eventually, you're gonna get caught on a
"random" whether you have an "event" or not...simply a question of time.

Same with the alcohol laws subsequently
enacted in accordance with "random checks". Stopped having a beer with
dinner on my overnights unless I wasn't
going out 'til after 12pm the next day and
then, only one. Other than that, switiched to Pepsi.

It IS what it IS, not what it used to be and
in any event, some sort of government agency owns your license...it's
not your's,
it's their's. They can giveth and they can
taketh away if you can't discipline yourself
to obey the laws that govern it's use, including the "new" ones.

In such matters, we are all in the same boat. Was a lot of fun while it
lasted, though. :)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)