## Survey## Alloy Rocker/Valve Cover - A-Series engine

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: ## Survey## Alloy Rocker/Valve Cover - A-Series engine
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:09:00 EDT
Cc: alexwainwright@hotmail.com, ddoiron@cox.net, justbrits@attbi.com
Hi List,

I dropped by my local Foundary today (I never knew there was one locally and
I could have happily spend a couple of hours nosing round). To see how
realistic it would be (financially realistic) to have a pile of nice A-series
engine
rocker/valve covers made.

The reason I want to have some made is that what I have seen available
commercially isn't exactly what I want for a variety of reasons and consider
something better ought to be available.

What I had in mind was a ribbed/fluted type cover but rather than flat topped
I wanted to sloping topped a bit more like the Original Mini Cooper S and
similiar Minifin and later MG Metro cover.  Crucially I don't want a plain name
want it to be either a 'Power Tuned' product (made in England) or if I can
work something out with Tom Colby, a 'Speedwell' product (made in England).

The big deal with this is that the bigger production run the cheaper the unit
price and 2nd what writing to have on the top.

So, I would really appreciate as many views to me (probably not the list) on
the following:

             Would you buy one and for how much of a premium of what Moss and
VB sell for?

             Would you prefer Power Tuned or Speedwell?

             Polished, matt or painted finish?

             Flat section on the ribs/flutes or rounded section on the
ribs/flutes

             Any other feature you might want?

Also, there is already an MG cover and I doubt it would be possible to get
enough orders together for a Sprite cover at a viable price.  Not least I would
expect a lot of sales to be made to the Mini owner to keep the price
realistic.

As far as the 1500 Midget goes it would be quite a bit harder to get the
numbers for a production run but I would expect the B-series engine in the MGB
would be viable.

Much appreciated

Daniel1312