[Fwd: Re: Best way to clean gas tank? Now a sloshed tank.]

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Best way to clean gas tank? Now a sloshed tank.]
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 16:35:13 -0400
Paul, et al

I ran across this outfit while surfing recently. They show gas tanks for
$169.95.

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/GasTanks/AustinHealey/Sprite

NFI & HTH,
Kent
1960 Bugeye
1978 Midget

Cost run is about $225 to $240 to boil it with caustic, cut a hole in the
tank top and scrape out the residue, and weld it back up.  That's right in
the new tank price range, so unless you have some favorite BBQ sauce to boil in
it, what would my options be?  Anyone have experience with this?

Later, Paul A