Re: Doh! Stupid Computer!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Doh! Stupid Computer!
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 15:40:33 -0500
> I don't do it because of virus worries. I do it for fear of hard drive
failure. I store lots of stuff on the hard drive, and if it is on a HD that
only spins up to retrieve info, rather than spinning the whole time running
the OS, it should live a long time. I guess Macs have everything saved on a
memory chip, so no HD failure is possible.............

Actually, Brad, it is the act of spinning up and spinning down that puts the
most stress on the hard drive unless you have a habit of kicking it.
David Lieb