RE: Muffler choice

To: "Kevin Valentine" <valntine@ptd.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Muffler choice
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 07:39:03 -0400
Dunno about you guys, but I associate that type of muffler with obnoxious,
little Jap-crap econo-boxes, driven by "whippy" kids, going down the road
emitting THUMP-THUMP-THUMP.  Their exhausts tend to sound like an elephant
farting (hey, I grew up on a horse farm, so, my imagination just makes some
adjustments for elephants).
I've found that an ANSA muffler, for a chrome bumper, MGB can be nicely
adapted to a Spridget.  Some cutting, bending and welding may be needed,
unless you want to have a bunch of clamps hanging in the breeze.  It's a
snug fit, next to the tank, but it looks just right and the sound is
wonderful.  I've had mine on for close to 15 years, now, with no problems
(well, it does get a bit louder with age).  Ansa used to make a muffler for
the Midget, that was a simple, "bolt-on" installation.  Does anyone know if
they still make it?
Bud Osbourne