Re: Welder choice

To: John Luttenberger <JohnL@golden.net>
Subject: Re: Welder choice
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 22:25:57 -0400
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
John Luttenberger wrote:

> I have both a 200 amp Miller and a 200 amp Esab , both over 20 years
> old . in my shop. The Miller is an excellent unit on heavier stuff,
> the Esab better in tight quarters and on lighter stuff due top the
> smaller handle .

Both of your unit are over 20 years old.  Can a unit of that quality be
purchased today?  Simple question, but it seems that new tools are just
not made as well.  Does this hold true for higher ticket items such as a
welder.  I don't want to discuss things like hand tools, electric drills
etc.

Gilroy