Re: Welder choice

To: "William M. Gilroy" <w.lists@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Welder choice
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 22:42:58 -0400
Cc: John Luttenberger <JohnL@golden.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
William M. Gilroy wrote:

> Both of your unit are over 20 years old.  Can a unit of that quality be
> purchased today?  Simple question, but it seems that new tools are just
> not made as well.

Come on Bill, The chinese have got dung forging steel down to a science.
And plastic geared power tools with those super intricate safety
switches that last almost as long as the tool. Replace the switch and
next week the tool dies.
My plumber uses a 20 year old Sawzall, I bought the same brand
(Milwaukee) and don't use it 1/2 as much as he does and I'm on my 5th
sawzall in 20 years. The Plumber broke down and bout a new Ryobi sawzall
last winter, it's dead now and he uses his old Milwaukee US made.
I buy a new circular saw and cordless drill every year. It doesn't
matter anymore, Name brands, price, everything is made to last 12 months
and a day.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ