Re: Gastank Surprise

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gastank Surprise
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:54:32 -0500
If I recal correctly, between about 1970 and 1985, rags were sold as gas
caps for bugeyes.
;-)

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:59:16 -0400
From JOHN LYNCH <jrlnj at optonline.net>
Subject: Gastank Surprise

I just installed a new SU HIF44, on an alloy manifold from SU Midel in
Australia, on my 1275 Bugeye.  I couldn't get it to run well, it felt weak
on acceleration, like a vacuum leak, or fuel starvation.

After trying new filters, with no change, I pulled the gastank.
Inside the tank, I found a rag, about 12"x18".  Maybe this was clogging the
pickup?
While the tank is out, is there any way to change the filter on the fuel
pickup?

In high schooI I thought 5 lbs of sugar was the ticket for screwing up
somebody's gastank,  has anyone heard of this rag-trick before?
Ray Lynch
59 Bugeye