Re: Door caps on my 73 Midget

To: Scott Family <rscott213@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Door caps on my 73 Midget
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:37:53 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Scott Family wrote:
 > I don't see how they
> go on.  I haven't figured out how to remove the driver door cap, I'm
> assuming it is put on with the correct hardware.

There are a few 10/32 "T" studs on the inside of the door cap.
Use a 5/16" wrench, contort your wrist up inside the door to remove the
nuts, the "T" studs will slide along the aluminum slot in the door cap.

> Part of the interior change out includes all new panels.  The Panel
> behind the Radio console has the hood release latch through it.  To
> replace the panel I need to remove the handle.  How do I go about that?

The quickest way is to remove the engine and trans to get at the nut on
the back side of the handle.
Well I did say "quickest way" But if you can get to that nut be more
contortionists manuvers, just undo the nut on the back of the handle,
disconnect the cable from the bonnet and fish out the handle. It is also
a good time to oil up that cable or replace it because you know it will
break 2 days after you put it back in ;)

Good luck and welcome to the list.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ