bugeye propeller shaft installation

To: <ahfrogeyebugeyeconnection@yahoogroups.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: bugeye propeller shaft installation
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:10:21 -0400
Hey folks?

I just replaced my 4.2 with a 3.9 chunk to hopefully lower my rpms at cruising
speed on my 948cc bugeye.  Does anyone have any advice for reinstalling the
driveshaft?  It seems like a helluva difficult task to mate it to the gearbox.
The shop manual says "guide the shaft with a screwdriver using the front
Universal joint lube access hole."  That may work with a good assistant and a
flashlight, but I've decided it's next to impossible to do this as a one-man
operation--

Billy T Green
Statesboro, GA