RE: A great day

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: A great day
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:58:54 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
The deer are a real danger at dusk and at night, but bright sunny days with
no weekend traffic are exhilarating.  I don't know if you are familiar with
that stretch of road, but you can go for miles without seeing a car or a
house.  My worst moment on the hawk's nest was about 15 years ago in an old
Karman Ghia.  I was just about where the picture was taken when a rock the
size of a grapefruit fell from the cliff above.  It hit the nose of the Ghia
dead on pushing it in about 6".  I don't want to speculate on what would
have happened if I had reached that spot 250mS sooner.

Regards,
Sandy Brown