Re: No LBC, but BAC mystery car.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No LBC, but BAC mystery car.
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:16:25 -0400 FILETIME=[FF297600:01C38377]
Well, Jay, what can I say? My neighbor's '56 Century that he bought new has
a hood like this one and he says it's the original. He's not into Buicks per
se or belong to any club though, so he doesn't know anyone to ask, and he
couldn't remember, if this particular ornament was used on any other of the
Century's model years, assuming there were any (he's 93 and I was too
preoccupied at the time with the new 'vettes, 100/4s, etc. to pay attention
to the latest 'n greatest 'land bound yachts') so we may both be right, but
clearly none of the pics of Roadmasters, etc., you've linked to have the
same one as his, or this '56 Century:

http://www.ephemeranow.com/cars/cars145.htm

Look carefully at the hood ornament, notice it's shape and how it recesses
into the hood, also that it's a two-door. The Roadmaster's, Riviera's, etc.,
traditional Buick hood ornament just bolts on top.

GM