Re: Tripping, little LBC content Mon, 29 Sep 2003 06:15:26 -0700

To: Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net (PAsgeirsson)
Subject: Re: Tripping, little LBC content Mon, 29 Sep 2003 06:15:26 -0700
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:01:32 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridget List)
Nah!!

Frank even breathes on my car and I will
have to kill him...I have already threatened him in this respect, of
list! <G>

It's HIS post on cam timing I am talking
about. I am trying to ascertain exactly
how far advanced he was beyond "straight
up" when he noticed a definite drop in
power at the top end in HIS application
(not mine) using Kent "266" timing with
stock ratio rockers.

As far as I can determine at this point,
it was 8 degrees beyond "straight up"
when the phenomena became obvious
to him. And considering he's an admitted
"top end" kinda guy and knows his stuff, he'd be pretty sensitive to
this to begin with.

So at this point with the information I
currently have available to me, with
"266" timing, all other things being
equal, 4 degrees advanced will bring up
the bottom end and mid-range with very
little expense at the top. Any more than
this and the top end begins to noticeably
suffer....which sounds about normal for
any cam, even those running through
higher than stock rocker ratios which
tend to favor top end power?