Re: Compressor questions

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, Travis Elliott <TGElliott@atmc.net>
Subject: Re: Compressor questions
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:16:52 -0500
I have the same compressor, and I just left mine bolted to the pallet that
it came on.  It has never moved from where I put it, and it gives it a good
footing. YMMV

Travis Elliott
72 MGB

  That brand of compressor is easy to work on.
  One that i have came from an auction all froze up.
  There is no (rod bearings) alum connecting rod with an iron
  crank.. The compressor will run fine low or even no oil at all..
  Just plan on tearing it down beating the two parts apart with
  your MG knock off hammer. When the compressor cools down it will lock up.
Then grind em down the best you can.
  reassemble, making damn sure the compressor has oil.
  Guess what 3yrs later it still runs.
  I just wish it had rod bearings thats my complaint..