Re: Compressor questions

To: Phil Nase <pnase@enter.net>
Subject: Re: Compressor questions
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:14:01 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Phil,

A drier and regulator are a must. The blast media will get all lumpy if
it gets moisture. Painting will suffer too.

If you don't bolt it down, it may dance around the floor a little.
Depending on the amount of use and where you have it sitting, that could
be a bad thing. You'll just have to experiment. I have mine on the
second floor storage area of the garage and ran pipes down to my
regulator and drier.

Biggest thing to remember is ALWAYS drain the tank on a regular basis to
keep the tank from rusting and change the oil regularly. These two steps
will keep it running for many years.

I have the Harbor Frieght blow molded orange plastic blast cabinet.$99
It has given excellent service through the bugeye project and I've used
it alot. It will not hold a wheel, well, it will hold a wheel, but
there's no room to blast when it's in there. I'm considering a drain
hose and having the beads drain into a bucket or box on the floor and
running the supply hose back up frmm there. That would allow me to
remove the screen in the bottom and give me a couple more inches for
parts. The other thought is to cut open one side and attach a plastic
box of some kind (a large dishpan or mortar mixing box etc) over the
hole. This would give me space to do half a lage part, then turn it
around to do the rest of it. Since the cabinet was cheap enough, cutting
a hole would not bther me and it can always be splice back together later.

Dave