Re: 1500 expansion tank relocation

To: <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 expansion tank relocation
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 07:02:40 -0700
Well, as I understand it, tuning procedure on this car is generally
valves, ignition, then carbs. Tonight I'm going to try to set the valves
and then the ignition. Thing is, the car idles about 1500-2000 rpm with
the choke out, and dies when I put the choke in. Last night, after 20
minutes of running and the around-the-yard spin, I was still idling
above 1200 (choke out), and I'm sure the mechanical advance on the dizzy
was kicking in, which makes it difficult to set the timing dynamically,
I would think. That's why I asked. When we got it running on Saturday,
we set the dizzy somewhere so it would run, knowing I'd go back and tune
it properly.

BTW, this is a 45DM4 dizzy with the CEI module, and vacuum retard unit
disconnected.

Most of the cars I've worked on (other than this one) have been modern
FI computer-controlled cars that automatically do a lot of this stuff by
themselves. This is new territory for me, and I'm learning! ;) Any
advice is well appreciated.

-=Chris